'The Good, The Bad, And The Lukewarm'
(The Seven Churches Of Asia)
First and foremost these are seven letters written to seven actual, historical churches found in the Roman province of Asia, which was located on the western seaboard of what we now know as Turkey. Geographically, these seven cities form a rough circle and they are listed here in the order which a messenger might visit them. Sailing from the isle of Patmos he would arrive at Ephesus, he would then travel north to Smyrna and Pergamum, then south east to Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.
Now the churches in this region were hard pressed.
01. Lord Of The Lampstands
02. Ephesus The Formal Church
03. Symrna The Fearful Church
04. Pergamos The Faltering Church
05. Thyatira The False Church
06. Sardis The Feeble Church
07. Philadelphia The Faithful Church
08. Laodicea The Fashionable Church